Savoring Portland, Maine: A Lobster Lover’s Guide to Local Restaurants
Welcome to Portland, Maine, where the briny breeze carries the tantalizing scent of freshly steamed lobster. As a coastal gem renowned for its seafood delicacies, Portland offers a plethora of dining options for those seeking to indulge in the ultimate crustacean feast. Join us on a culinary journey through the city’s top lobster restaurants, where every bite promises to be a savory delight.
- Eventide Oyster Co. Address: 86 Middle St, Portland, ME 04101: Nestled in the heart of Portland’s Old Port district, Eventide Oyster Co. is a beloved seafood eatery celebrated for its innovative take on traditional New England fare. While oysters take center stage on the menu, don’t miss out on their renowned lobster roll, served in a steamed bun with brown butter vinaigrette and pickled red onion—a true culinary masterpiece.
- Portland Lobster Company Address: 180 Commercial St, Portland, ME 04101: For a quintessential Maine dining experience, look no further than Portland Lobster Company. Situated on the waterfront with panoramic views of Casco Bay, this laid-back eatery offers a casual atmosphere perfect for enjoying fresh seafood alfresco. Feast on their classic lobster bake, featuring succulent lobster, steamers, corn on the cob, and potato—a hearty meal that captures the essence of coastal living.
- DiMillo’s on the Water: Address: 25 Long Wharf, Portland, ME 04101: Step aboard the historic DiMillo’s on the Water, a floating restaurant housed in a converted car ferry moored in Portland Harbor. Indulge in their signature lobster stew, a rich and creamy concoction brimming with chunks of tender lobster meat—a true taste of Maine’s maritime heritage. Pair it with a glass of wine from their extensive selection and savor the unforgettable dining experience.
- Street & Co. Address: Address: 33 Wharf St, Portland, ME 04101: Tucked away on a cobblestone street in Portland’s Old Port, Street & Co. exudes rustic charm and culinary excellence. Specializing in Mediterranean-inspired seafood dishes, this cozy bistro offers a lobster-centric menu featuring delicacies such as lobster fra diavolo and lobster scampi. Prepare to be transported to the shores of the Mediterranean as you savor each exquisite bite.
- The Highroller Lobster Co. Address: 104 Exchange St, Portland, ME 04101: Craving something bold and unconventional? Look no further than The Highroller Lobster Co. This trendy eatery puts a modern twist on classic lobster dishes, serving up creative creations like lobster grilled cheese and lobster tacos. With a vibrant atmosphere and a menu that pushes the boundaries of traditional seafood fare, it’s the perfect spot for adventurous foodies seeking a one-of-a-kind dining experience.
- J’s Oyster Bar Address: 5 Portland Pier, Portland, ME 04101 : Step back in time at J’s Oyster Bar, a beloved institution in Portland’s dining scene since 1977. With its no-frills decor and friendly atmosphere, this cozy watering hole is the perfect spot to unwind with a cold beer and a plate of freshly shucked oysters. Be sure to try their famous lobster stew, made from a secret family recipe passed down through generations—a comforting bowl of nostalgia and flavor.
- Boone’s Fish House & Oyster Room Address: 86 Commercial St, Portland, ME 04101: Situated in a historic waterfront building overlooking Portland Harbor, Boone’s Fish House & Oyster Room offers an elegant setting for indulging in the finest seafood fare. Treat yourself to their signature lobster mac and cheese, a decadent dish featuring creamy cheese sauce, tender chunks of lobster, and crispy breadcrumbs—a true taste of luxury.
As we conclude our culinary tour of Portland, Maine’s top lobster restaurants, it’s clear that the city’s dining scene is as vibrant and diverse as its coastal landscape. Whether you prefer classic New England lobster rolls or avant-garde lobster creations, there’s no shortage of delicious options waiting to be discovered in this seafood lover’s paradise. So, next time you find yourself in Portland, be sure to embark on your own gastronomic adventure and savor the flavors of the sea. Bon appétit!
- Posted in: